Sunday 10 December 2017

Top 5 Cafes in Turku

I have unofficially given myself the title of king of the procrastinators. If I am at home and I have to study, I will do nearly anything to distract myself from actually getting any work done. I simply cannot study at home! I therefore have to study in the library or a café, this has given me the opportunity to try a large amount of cafes in Turku. I have therefore made a selection of my favourite cafés in Turku below.




1.     Bean Bar – This café has the best coffee I have come across and at a very reasonable price. They offer an Italian dark roast, which I prefer and also a lighter house roast. They also work with a chocolatier and offer a tasty selection of fine chocolates. I have not eaten anything from the menu the food looks good and is not too expensive. The environment is relaxing and because it’s a small café, it does not become too overcrowded.

2.     Fontana café – I recommend the Fontana lunch buffet which is only 10.80 and offers a good selection, which really caters to those that are gluten intolerant. There is also an excellent brunch at the weekends, which is slightly more expensive but will not disappoint. I do not recommend Fontana café for studies, since most of the time it’s very full and quite noisy. I recommend that you arrive at the beginning of the lunch buffet though, so 11:00 is optimal. 

3.      Gaggui - nice coffee as well as the best and most delicious selection of homemade cakes.

4.     Café Art - as you can determine from the name, this cafe is associated with art. They have multiple pieces on the wall that are for sale and are changed from time to time. There is a good selection of cheesecakes and pastries, the coffee is also quite good! 


5.     Espresso house – All the cafes mentioned above have been individual cafés, Espresso house is a franchise from Sweden. The customer service is good, with a nice interior. The Cafe gets a bit overcrowded and the coffee is average, but there is a lot of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment